San Francisco, in northern California, is a hilly city on the tip of a peninsula surrounded by the Pacific Ocean and San Francisco Bay. It’s known for its year-round fog, iconic Golden Gate Bridge, cable cars and colorful Victorian houses. The Financial District’s Transamerica Pyramid is its most distinctive skyscraper. In the bay sits Alcatraz Island, site of the notorious former prison.
- Local time: Monday 2:04 AM
- Weather: 12°C, Wind W at 13 km/h, 81% Humidity
- Population: 864,816 (2015)
- Minimum wage: 14.00 USD per hour (Jul 1, 2017)
- Colleges and Universities: San Francisco State University, MORE
- Did you know: San Francisco is the fourth-most-populous city in California (864,816). wikipedia.org