New York City comprises 5 boroughs sitting where the Hudson River meets the Atlantic Ocean. At its core is Manhattan, a densely populated borough that’s among the world’s major commercial, financial and cultural centers. Its iconic sites include skyscrapers such as the Empire State Building and sprawling Central Park. Broadway theater is staged in neon-lit Times Square.
- Local time: Monday 5:08 AM
- Weather: 3°C, Wind NE at 14 km/h, 76% Humidity
- Population: 8.538 million (2016)
- U.S. Senators: Chuck Schumer (D); Kirsten Gillibrand (D)
- Governor: Andrew Cuomo (D)
- Colleges and Universities: New York University,
- Did you know: New York is the fourth-most-populous city in the Americas (8,550,405).